Create a Custom Communicator Toolbar!
Are there certain functions in Communicator that you find yourself using constantly? Whether it's speed-dialing a certain number or popping open your web browser to a particular site, you can use this month's tip to have your administrator assign those functions as custom buttons on your Communicator toolbar! Administrators can even create standard toolbars which can be assigned to a specific user group.
To create custom Communicator toolbars as an Administrator:
For an Individual User -
1. In Shoreware Director, select Administration > Users > Individual Users
2. Choose the person for whom you'd like to manage the toolbar
3. Click the Personal Options tab
4. Select the Program Communicator Toolbars link
5. Click New and enter a name for the toolbar
6. Use the drop-downs to assign the desired buttons, then hit the Save button
For a Group -
1. In Shoreware Director, select Administration > Communicator > Global Toolbars
2. Click New and enter a name for the toolbar
3. Use the drop-downs to assign the desired buttons, then hit the Save button
4. Navigate to Administration > Users > User Groups
5. Select the user group for whom you'd like to assign the toolbar
6. Choose the correct toolbar from the Toolbar 1, Toolbar 2, and Toolbar 3 drop-down menus and click the Save button
Note: If the toolbar does not appear in the user's application, they should select View and make sure the correct toolbar is checked
Having trouble? Don't hesitate to contact us! (914) 761-1313 or email@example.com.